1.1 Requirements Overview
What is DokChess?
- DokChess is a fully functional chess engine.
- It serves both as an easily accessible as well as attractive case study of software architecture design, evaluation and documentation.
- The understandable structure invites developers to experiment and to extend the engine.
- A high level of chess ability is not the goal. Nevertheless DokChess manages to play games which casual chess players will enjoy.
- Complete compliance with the FIDE Laws of Chess
- Supports games against human opponents and other chess programs
- Masters fundamental chess tactics, such as fork and skewer
- Works with modern graphical chess frontends